Thursday 7 October 2010

6th October 2010

This piece of junk is my work laptop. My department wanted to get me a new laptop when I came back from IACS last month, but IT insisted on a reconditioned model claiming it would be as good as a new one. Well if that's the case then they need a new supplier as three weeks in my laptop spluttered through a meeting this morning before fatally crashing whilst I was trying to write up the minutes after lunch! Not impressed. The only saving grace was that I did a back-up last night - how's that for a sixth sense, unless of course it was the process of backing it up that caused the problem!

3 comments:

  1. Hope the next one is new!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surprised it's not steam powered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes me feel slightly better that I am not the only one suffering with computers. Having had no internet connection since last Friday due to trying to change to BT (what a mistake) I have had a severe sense of humour failure.

    ReplyDelete