Saturday 2 October 2010

2nd October 2010

My tomatoes this year have not been a roaring success and the majority have steadfastly refused to turn red. So today I hatched a cunning plan to use up my green tomatoes - I would make some green tomato chutney. I found a recipe on the internet and it started off easy enough but then it took forever to reduce the liquid so that it took on a chutney consistency. It's finished now and jarred up - fingers-crossed it will improve with time as the first taste was rather vinegary!

3 comments:

  1. I am just going to stick with tumbling tomatoes next year. Better crop all round, as I don't have a greenhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You obviously didn't try the banana trick to ripen the tomatoes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fried green tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe next.

    ReplyDelete