Wednesday 22 September 2010

21st September 2010

In a couple of weeks we are having a knitting evening at Brownies in order to produce lots of squares to be combined into large blankets for charity, however as I haven't knitted for years I thought I needed some practice if I'm to be any help to the Brownies.  I bought some wool and needles whilst we were at the table sale on Saturday and then tonight I took them along to Brownies to get some tips from Carol (Brown Owl) on how to cast-on, etc.. I've knitted about 2 rows so far, it's taken me about half-an-hour and to be honest I'm not particularly impressed with my efforts.  I'd like to blame the wool but in reality it's probably me and I think I'll need a lot more practice in order to produce something that could be used!

3 comments:

  1. ahh!! You obviously need some tuition from your Mum!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What knitting tuition from your Mother - oh no more likely to be your Godmother!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reckon I'm probably mum's standard!! :)

    ReplyDelete